Thank you for visiting the Clipstone Park website.
Please use this website to:
- find updates about the development
- contact us about any construction or infrastructure issues
Clipstone Park is a high-quality, sustainable, mixed-use development which will see the delivery of:
- 1,210 new homes;
- Assisted living for the elderly, including a care home and 70 residential units (included within the 1,210 new homes);
- Employment areas;
- A mixed-use Neighbourhood Centre, including a supermarket, shops, a public house, community hall, offices and a doctor’s surgery;
- Extension to Vandyke Upper School and additional leisure facilities;
- A new lower and middle school;
- Eastern Link Road;
- Local centre;
- Clipstone Brook Park;
- Formal open space and sports provision including changing facilities/pavilion;
- Children’s play areas;
- Informal open spaces and structural landscaping;
- Woodland access;
- Flood attenuation areas.
Clipstone Park lies less than two miles to the east of Leighton Buzzard town centre and three miles from Leighton Buzzard railway station.
Phase Two – 2nd Reserved Matters Applications (RMAs)
In March 2019 Barratt David Wilson (BDW) and Taylor Wimpey consulted on the second reserved matters planning applications for around 400 homes at Clipstone Park – Phase Two. In, MONTH 2019, each developer submitted a reserved matters application for its own area of around 200 homes.
To find out about the Phase Two proposals and view the display boards shown at the public exhibition held in March 2019, please click on the ‘Clipstone Park Phase Two Exhibition March 2019’ PDF in the ‘Downloads’ section below.
Phase One – 1st RMAs
The first reserved matters applications for Phase One, comprising 428 new homes, were granted planning permission in July 2018.
On this first phase, both BDW and Taylor Wimpey are providing two-bedroom to five-bedroom homes on the open market and a minimum of 17.4% affordable housing, comprising one and two-bedroom apartments and two and three-bedroom houses. All homes vary between two and three storeys.
Phase One is in the centre of the overall Clipstone Park development and sits to the north and south of Hockcliffe Road. A local centre/community hall will be provided in this part of the site. We are currently in discussions with Central Bedfordshire Council regarding their requirements.
The first reserved matters applications were submitted in May 2018 and were approved 31 July 2018. Construction commenced late summer 2018 with a show home opening March 2019. The first homes were occupied spring/summer 2019.
Outline planning permission for the site was granted in August 2015.